uFinance Asia Limited collects Personal Data through the www.uFinance.co website (“Website”).
Information We Collect in this Website
During the course of registration on and/or use of our Website (for example, to get comparative quotes for personal loans), your Personal Data may be collected.
The following are examples (without limitation) of the circumstances in which we collect Personal Data:
- When you subscribe to receive updates from us, we will ask for your email address;
- When you register an account on our Website, we may ask for your name, email address, telephone number and/or mobile number;
- When you apply for loans, we may ask for information like your age and income, so that we can obtain accurate quotes;
- When you contact us by telephone, we may ask for your name, email address and/or phone number, so that we can contact you regarding your enquiry;
- When you apply for a product or a service on our website, we will collect contact details, identification information and financial information on the application form.
The Personal Data we may ask you to provide includes (without limitation):
- HKID number or Passport Number
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Your income
- Education history
- Financial Information
- Employment status
- Employer or company details
- Payment details
- Referees’ Information and
- Information related to any of the above.
In addition, when you use the Website, we may automatically collect certain data which may, when combined with other information about you, constitute Personal Data. For example:
- attributes of the equipment or device you are using, such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, software and device identifiers
- device locations, including specific geographic locations identified through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals or other means
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator, ISP or other service provider, browser type and IP address
- the website from which you have reached the Website
- the Website pages viewed
- details of the products and services on the site that you look at, information, tools and content available on our site that you use
- links from our site that you click on
- quotes you request from our Website
- your transactions on our Website and details of any payments made by you (including bank account and credit card details and any other account identification information) and
- information related to any of the above.
Finally, when you use the Website, we may, pursuant to your request, receive information about you from third party providers.
Accuracy of Personal Data
By providing us with your Personal Data, you warrant that this is true and accurate and undertake to notify us as soon as practicable of any change or alteration to the same. Any loss or damage caused to the Website or to the person responsible for the Website or to any third person through the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information will be your exclusive and absolute responsibility.
Purposes for which we use your data
We may use your Personal Data for some or all of the following purposes:
- To set up and administer your account with www.uFinance.co;
- To answer your queries and to communicate with you;
- To allow you to access and use our free referral services to you;
- To enable you to access online application forms on third party external sites;
- To process applications for Partner Products on your behalf;
- To analyse customer behaviour, market trends and client demographics so that we can improve our services and to enable us to provide a more personalised service and more relevant communications to you;
- To enable us to save your Personal Data so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you request a quote or apply for a product;
- To enable us to store data and manage our business operations efficiently;
- With your consent, for direct marketing purposes (see “Direct marketing” below);
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- To enable us to provide services and products related to the above and/or otherwise related to your use of the Website.
Disclosures of Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data confidential and will not disclose or transfer such Personal Data to third parties, except as follows:
In connection with the above purposes, we may share your Personal Data with:
- our affiliates in the uFinance that provide services to, or share services with, uFinance;
- our partners who are banks, brokers, lenders, insurance companies, broadband companies, and other money and financial service providers whose products may be displayed on our Website from time to time (“Partners“); and
- service providers that support our business, for example (without limitation) our IT and analytics service providers, back office support, business consultants, legal service providers and marketing service providers.
We and/or any of the third parties listed above may also be required to disclose your Personal Data to any court, law enforcement body, government department, regulator or industry body of any country where required by the laws of Hong Kong or any other jurisdiction, or in response to a lawful request in Hong Kong or elsewhere. We may also need to disclose your Personal Data in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against any person who may be causing damage to or interfere with our and/or any third party’s rights or property (whether intentionally or otherwise).
In connection with the purposes set out in this Personal Information Collection Statement, your Personal Data may be transferred outside Hong Kong. That means your Personal Data may not be protected to the same or similar level as it would in Hong Kong. However, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your data is processed and stored securely, regardless of the country in which it is processed or stored.
Keeping you updated regarding our services & direct marketing
After you register or otherwise use our services, and provided you give your explicit consent, we may use your Personal Data (including your name, address, email address and telephone number) to contact you about news, offers, events, and promotional campaigns in relation to loan services and/or financial services, insurance, communications, online content and other products and services that we feature on the Website from time to time.
You can opt out of direct marketing, free of charge, at any time (see “Your Rights” below).
Third party providers
Cookies & Collection of Computer Data
- IP Address;
- Browser type;
- Website visited before user came to the Website;
- What page user viewed on the Website; and/or
- Time spent on the Website.
These cookies enable us to:
- provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website. It allows us to remember you when you revisit this Website. You can also access your previously saved quotes;
- study browsing habits on this Website. The more we understand what products you are interested in, the greater our ability to offer you customized solutions and targeted advertisements and other marketing materials; and
- obtain information regarding the number of visitors to this Website and the pages viewed.
In most cases, cookies are deleted when you close your browser; these are referred to as session cookies. However, persistent cookies stay on your browsing device either until such time you delete them or they expire. By using this Website, you consent to us using cookies. Such use of data does not disclose any of your Personal Data, and we will not collect, process or use any of your Personal Data in this regard.
You can alter your computer browser settings to block or delete cookies. If you opt to block or delete cookies of the Website, you may not be able to access certain products or services and this could have an effect on the performance of the Website on your system (for example, banner ads may not display properly).
Using the above, uFinance may use Google Analytics and Google Display Network features including advertising and remarketing. Please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads/ if you want to opt out of these features.
Storage, Security and Retention
Keeping your data secure is important to us. However, no information transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Highly sensitive data, such as your credit card details, are encrypted to minimize the danger of interception during transit.
When you register an account with us, you will be asked to choose a password. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe, and not share it with anyone. We are not responsible for any transactions conducted by a third party that has logged in to your account using your password. If you suspect that your account has been used by someone other than you, please notify us straight away.
uFinance is entitled to request you to provide further information and documents in support of your application. Whether the said application is to be approved or not, all documents including the loan application form shall not be returnable.
Personal data provided by data subjects are retained for as long as the purposes for which such data were collected continue. As a general rule the maximum retention period is 5 years.
You have the right to check whether we hold Personal Data about you and to require access or correction of your Personal Data, and can also opt out of receiving direct marketing or promotional communications from us, our affiliates, and any of our Partners.
If you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, or you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data, please kindly address your enquiries to:
Personal Data Protection Officer